To update Surgeons, Obstetricians, Cardiovascular Surgeons, Cardiologists, Anaesthetists, Intensivists & Radiologists about recent advances regarding renal failure occuring in patients undergoing surgery or any radiological procedure (diagnostic/ therapeutic).
To discuss the practical management of this renal failure including Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT).
||11 September 2005
||10:30 am - 1:30 pm
||To be announced
To register, please click here.
|10:30 am to 12:45 pm --- Short Presentations followed by discussion
|12:45 pm to 1:30 pm --- Interactive discussion
1. Renal Dysfunction
- Overview of kidney function / factors affecting it relevant to surgery
- Pre-operative assessment
- Pre-operative preparation
- What happens to renal function during surgery?
- What happens to renal function post-operatively?
- What can cause renal damage?
- What can accumulate in kidney failure?
2. How to Diagnose Renal Dysfunction?
- Before Surgery
- During Surgery
- After Surgery
- Fluid balance
- Dialysis / Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT)
4. Special Situations
- Contrast Induced Nephrotoxicity
6. Take Home Message